3 Simple Lifestyle Changes to Help You Lose Weight
Going on a super-strict diet or spending every waking moment at the gym are the only ways to lose weight. However, what's the use of taking go through so much of hard work when at the end of the struggle you are going to end up gaining all the pounds you lost or even worse gain more pounds than you lost. Sounds like a nightmare, doesn't it? Hard work paying off for a short period of time and then the results are reversed in no time.
To ensure that you bear the fruits of your hard work you need not take the tough path all the time, you can take upon the easy solutions and still be in shape. It is actually possible that you can lose weight with small lifestyle changes. It's time we break the myth.
It is evident that those plenty fad diets out there work to shed pounds rapidly, however, these diets and exercises leave you feeling hungry and deprived.
To keep the pounds off for once and all, it is best that you do it slowly than rapidly. (Slow and steady wins the race, remember?)
Experts have also claimed that you can shed pounds without going on a “diet”. The key is simple tweaks to your lifestyle.
Simple Lifestyle changes to lose weight are the easiest changes once can have in their lives in order to lose weight.
So here's the plan, the outlines of which reduce your appetite significantly, make you lose weight (without hunger), and improve your metabolic health.
1. Cut Back on Sugars and Starches – This is the most important step – to cut back on sugar and starches (carbs). Once done, this reduces hunger levels and thus, you end up eating fewer calories. Thus, rather than burning carbs for energy, your body starts feeding off of stored fat. It also lowers insulin levels which causes your kidneys to shed excess sodium and water out of your body. This further reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight.
2. Eat Protein, Fat and Vegetables – Each meal that you intake should constitute a protein source, a fat source and vegetables (low in carbs). The best sources of protein are meat, fish and seafood, and eggs. High protein diets have proven to reduce cravings and obsessive thoughts by food and thus, reduces the desire for late-night snacking by half. Don't give a second thought about loading your plate with low-carb vegetables. A diet based on meat and vegetables contains all fibres, minerals, and vitamins which keep you healthy. Your fat source can be from olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, and butter. If you'd try low-carb and low-fat at the same, the diet would result in a failure.
3. Lift Weights 3 Times per Week – You need not exercise to lose weight, however, it is recommended. The best option is to go to the gym 3 times a week or 4 at the maximum. All you need to do is a warm-up and lift some weights. When you lift weights, you'll burn calories and also prevent your metabolism from going down, which is a common side effect of losing weight. If lifting weights is off the charts, you can always do some cardio such as walking, jogging, running, cycling, or swimming will also suffice.
Besides, the changes in your diet, there are a few tips to lifestyle changes to lose weight. These tips are more likely to act as a catalyst in your weight losing.
1. Drink water half an hour before meals.
2. Drink coffee or tea.
3. Eat your food slowly.
4. Weigh yourself every day.
5. Get a good night's sleep. Every night (Very important)
6. Add more steps in your routine. (Walk 10,000 steps per day)
7. Eat Breakfast Every Day.
8. Close the Kitchen at Night. (You don't want yourself to get in to mindless snacking or late-night munchies)
9. Guzzle water 24/7.
10. Avoid doing anything else while you are eating.
When you reduce your carbs and insulin levels, you change the hormonal environment and make your brain and body adjust to the new changes. This leads to reduced appetite and hunger and thus, it eliminates the reason which most people fail with conventional weight loss methods. These methods have proven to help you lose weight 2-3 times weight as a typical low-fat, calorie-restricted diet.
Green tea is also recommended to add in your list of lifestyle changes to lose weight. Green tea has proven to be associated with several health benefits, including weight loss, because of its rich nutritional and antioxidant makeup. It is beneficial for weight loss by helping the body's metabolism to be more efficient. For supplementing weight loss, 2-3 cups a day of green tea will suffice. Try on these methods and surely you will achieve your body goals.